Monday 14 January 2013

The Saint Tavern

Craving a good brunch? Look no further my friends! The Saint Tavern, located on Ossington at Dundas, does breakfast/brunch right. This is a casual style restaurant, that is usually busy with hungry customers. I came for brunch recently, and really enjoyed the experience.

I am a huge devilled egg fan, so naturally I had to try them here. The eggs were garnished with a piece of radish, chive and bacon. They were yummy. The bacon on top added a nice saltiness.
Corned Beef Hash (with poached eggs, bernaise sauce and toast). I was expecting the hash part of this dish to be a little different. It was chunkier than I expected. However, the flavour of the corned beef, mixed with the fried potato and runny egg worked lovely together. I loved the bernaise sauce. 
'Stuffed French Toast' (with a fruit compote, lemon cream cheese and rice krispy crusting). This was sweet and decadent. The portion size was massive. Very enjoyable.
I will definitely be back to The Saint Tavern. After a nice brunch, I am curious about their dinner menu. I enjoyed my experience here. If you are in the area, check it out!

Happy Eating!
The Saint Tavern on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment