Sunday 12 January 2014

The P&L Burger

The P&L Burger recently opened on Queen West. I've heard good things about the burgers here, and was excited to come try it out. The menu is fairly small and offers their signature burgers, some sides and drinks. Here is what I tried on my visit:
The Italian: mozzarella, roasted hot & sweet peppers, sauteed onions, marinara sauce
The Castor: peameal bacon, cheddar, crispy onion, iceberg, bbq sauce
The P&L: cheddar, bacon-onion jam, iceberg, dill pickle mayo
Kale Caesar Salad 
Onion Rings


The verdict? ...I  thought the burgers  were well cooked, and tasted good. However, I found both the P& L and The Castor  tasted exactly the same. I was looking forward to the flavor of the bacon- onion jam (on the P&L) or the crispy onions and bbq sauce (on The Castor), but sadly... none of those flavours stood out. Those burgers had similar taste profiles which was a little disappointing.
  
In saying this, I still enjoyed the burgers.  I also liked the kale salad, and the onion rings were perfectly crispy.
Overall, The P& L Burger is pretty descent.

Happy Eating!
The P & L Burger on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "The P&L Burger" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites Vegetarian restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete