Sunday 12 August 2012

Gilead Cafe

Gilead Cafe is a lovely restaurant run by Award-winning Chef Jamie Kennedy. I have heard good things about this place, so I was excited to finally check it out. The restaurant is on the smaller side, and has beautiful jarred fruits and vegetables all over which adds a brightness to the restaurant. 
I had the Summer Vegetable Salad. This salad was beautifully presented. The vegetables were cooked perfectly and the sauce (which was on the bottom of the plate) paired well with the variety of veggies. It was light, delicate and very delicious. I loved this salad.
Nicoise Style Salad with Smoked Salmon. 
 Chicken Cobb Salad
Cheeseburger with three sauces. I tried a bite of this burger, and it was descent. Not the best cheeseburger I've had.
For dessert we all shared a pastry filled with rhubarb cream with candied pistachios. This was fabulous. The cream was rich and sweet. The pastry was buttery but very light. Everyone enjoyed this treat.

Overall, everyone very much enjoyed the food at the Gilead cafe. The atmosphere was low key and service was friendly and attentive. The food was beautifully presented and all flavours were perfectly balanced in each dish. I would definitely come back to this place. 

Happy Eating! Gilead Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment