Sunday 11 November 2012

Hey!

Hey! just opened recently in the west end. This new Roncesvalles eatery offers brunch, lunch, dinner, sweets and fresh juice from their juice bar. The interior is nicely decorated with a warm, homey feeling. I loved the atmosphere; the music playing was great, the service was friendly and everyone seemed relaxed and happy to be there. 
Fresh orange and grapefruit juice. This was really refreshing and tangy. I enjoyed it.
Blueberry Pancakes with Syrup. Our server told us that they use yeast in their pancakes, and that it gives them a unique, but really nice flavour. I didn't agree when I tried the pancakes. It tasted like pure yeast to me. Pretty unappetizing in my opinion.
Savoury Tortiere, with grainy mustard and caramelized onion. This was really tasty! It was pretty much a minced meat type centre, smothered in caramelized onions all wrapped in a pastry shell. I really enjoyed it. The caramelized onions added a perfect sweetness. The pastry was light, buttery and delicious.
Along side came a simple salad with shaved beats, cucumber and lettuce in a vinaigrette. 
Overall, this restaurant had some hits and some misses. I would come back to try other menu items, and different juices. Their sweet selection also looked tempting as well! 

Happy Eating! 
Hey! on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment