Thursday 15 November 2012

Homemade Cauliflower Mash


I am so happy to share this AMAZING cauliflower mash recipe with you! I tried this recipe a while a go and I became obsessed with it. It is seriously so delicious yet healthy.  To be honest, I am not a big fan of cauliflower, but this recipe totally converted me.  It tastes like mashed potatoes…and who doesn’t like mashed potatoes? :)
Here it is, my friends:

Ingredients: 
2 heads of Cauliflower
2 heads of Garlic (or more if you like it garlicky)
Olive oil (enough to coat all the cauliflower)
Salt
1 Quarter cup of butter
Half Cup of Cream (half and half)
Parmesean Cheese

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the cauliflower with olive oil, garlic and salt.
I used a lot of garlic
Spread the cauliflower on a baking tray. Put in the oven and bake until golden brown and fork tender.
Once baked, take the cauliflower out, transfer to pot and add in cream, butter and parmesan cheese. You can use either a hand mixer or a mashed potato masher to mash it all together. 
Once nicely mashed, put the mash in a baking dish. Generously sprinkle chopped parsley and parmesan  over the top. Add this to the oven for another 15-20 mins until the parmesan cheese is golden brown.
Finished product! 
I have no doubt you will enjoy this recipe! Give it a try! 

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment