Wednesday 18 July 2012

Fresh

Fresh is one of the most recognized vegetarian restaurants in the city. They have an extensive menu of appetizers, salads, burritos, veggie burgers, and hearty bowls. They also have an excellent selection of juices, smoothies, and supplements. This is clean eating, healthy eating and tasty eating. 
We started with the cornbread and vegan butter. I enjoyed this. The butter was rich and paired well with the sweetness of the bread. 
This was followed by the quinoa crusted onion rings, with a BBQ sauce for dipping. Let me just say, if you decide to dine at Fresh...TRY THESE RINGS!! They were so crispy and full of flavour. The BBQ sauce was sweeter than I expected, but it worked so well with the rings. These onion rings are up there in the top 5 best I have had. mmmmmmm...
 I ordered the Energy Bowl. I asked for soba noodles instead of the rice. This hearty bowl of food had tofu, sprouts, a coconut curry sauce, veggies and stewed chickpeas. 
This is a better look at the dish when I mixed everything together. I really enjoyed this bowl. It's one of those meals where you feel good about stuffing your face, because you know you are getting lots of great healthy nutrients.
My friend ordered the Big Salad. I tried it, and it was nice. Nothing too spectacular, but a clean and fresh salad none the less.
I have eaten at Fresh plenty of times, and I think it is a good place to come for a healthy meal that won't leave you feeling bloated, overly full etc. The food is light and delicious and leaves you wanting to come back for more. 

They have 3 locations in the city, you should check it out! 

http://www.freshrestaurants.ca/main.asp

Happy Eating!
Fresh By Juice For Life on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment