Saturday 14 July 2012

Quinoa Salad Recipe

I LOVE quinoa. Not only is it healthy for you, it is so versatile in what you can do with it!  I always find ways to incorporate quinoa into my daily diet as a carbohydrate but also a protein (yes, quinoa has a good amount of protein and is very good for digestion). 
I want to share my recipe for a tasty quinoa salad that I recently made. 
Ingredients:
2 cups quinoa 
1 can kalamata olives 
1 hand full of sun dried tomatoes
1 chopped zucchini
1 chopped onion
1 hand full of chopped fresh parsley 


Dressing:
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
dash of hot sauce
salt and pepper


Start by adding quinoa to pot, add 3-4 cups of water, and bring to a boil. Cook until quinoa is tender.
In a separate pan, add olive oil and onions. Let the onions cook until they are translucent. Add in the zucchini. Let this cook until zucchini is softened and cooked through. 
When quinoa is finished, add the onions & zucchini, olives, sun dried tomatoes and dressing. Toss this all together. Throw in parsley. 
Finished product: 
Nutritious AND delicious :)  Give it a try!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment