Friday 1 February 2013

Kirei Sushi

Kirei Sushi is a pretty good sushi restaurant at Church and Richmond. My friend and I came to try out their Winterlicious lunch. Here's how it went down:
Green Salad. I really liked this salad. I liked it more than most standard green salads I've had at other sushi restaurants.
Miso Soup
Pork Belly. The meat was tender and had nice flavour. I was a little overwhelmed by how fatty it was. Too fatty for my liking.
Steamed Dumplings stuffed with shrimp. I enjoyed these little dumplings. They were soft, and had good flavour.
Sushi and Sashimi plate. This came with chef's choice of sushi and sashimi and a spicy salmon roll. The fish tasted fresh. I liked how their wasn't too much rice on the rolls and under the sushi, so you could really taste the fish. However, I found the Nigiri fell apart quite quickly upon picking it up to dip in the soya (which was a little annoying). 
Green Tea Ice-cream 
Black Sesame Ice-cream. Interesting, but I liked it.

Overall, it was a nice lunch at Kirei Sushi. I found service was very friendly and attentive. I also liked the interior of the restaurant, which was modern and welcoming. I think I would probably enjoy this restaurant more if I were ordering off their regular menu. I was curious about other rolls on the menu that looked good. 

Happy Eating!
Kirei Sushi + Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I went to Kirei Sushi yesterday and really enjoyed it. I totally agree, they used the perfect amount of rice and the fish was delicious.

    ReplyDelete