Tuesday 22 May 2012

The Grand Electric


I have been dying to go to this restaurant for the past while, and am so happy to say I finally dined at The Grand Electric!!  This restaurant is the new buzzin’ dinner spot in Toronto. We arrived a half an hour before the restaurant even opened, and there was already a long line up. It is most definitely worth the wait…sooo worth it. From start to finish, this meal was refreshing and well balanced in flavors.
Lets start with the drinks.
We ordered the Grand Electric Sour and a Bourbonade (bourbon lemonade). These were tasty and refreshing.
Empanada – the outer crust is perfectly crispy. The filling paired with the sauce that comes along side is very good.
Tuna Ceviche  - “WOW”  was all I could say while eating this dish. The tuna is perfect. It is velvety and light yet still has a depth of flavour.
Spicy Squid – This dish was the showstopper for me. The sauce is packed with flavor . The squid is cooked perfectly. If you have tried Guu Izakaya's squid, this one is very similar in taste.
 
Tacos, Tacos and more Tacos!. We had the beef cheek (which was my favourite), Baja Fish, Spicy Chicken, and Pork Belly. All of these tacos were tasty. They each had their own distinct flavor. The beef cheek was by far the best in my opinion.
Key Lime Dessert – We ended the meal by sharing this dessert. It was the perfect way to finish a great dinner. It was sweet, with a little tartness. I loved it!

To be honest, writing this post and thinking about the meal is making my mouth water. I will definitely be dining at The Grand Electric many more times in the future! I highly recommend you check it out for yourself!

Happy Eating!
Grand Electric on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment