Sunday 6 May 2012

Moonbean Coffee


I stumbled upon a new cafe in Kensington Market over the weekend. I noticed the busy lineups, and packed outdoor patio at Moonbean Coffee and decided to give it a try. I ordered a Peachy Cream Smoothie (peaches, kiwi, strawberry and yogurt) and a Feta/Olive Boureka. 
The smoothie was O.K. A little underwhelming, and too thick for my liking. But I did enjoy how it wasn't overly sweet.
The boureka, on the other hand, was very tasty. This was my first experience trying a boureka, and at first glance, I thought it would be similar to a bagel. I was wrong. Very wrong. This savoury snack was flaky, light and filled with a good amount of feta cheese and green olives. The texture of a boureka is similar to a croissant or puff pastry. It was quite enjoyable! 

Moonbean Coffee has a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. They have a great selection of fair-trade coffee's and lots of tasty treats. They also have a front patio, as well as an even larger patio in the back. Don't let the small exterior at the front fool you, this place has plenty of dining/chill'n/drink'n areas for all!

http://moonbeancoffee.com

Happy Eating!
Moonbean Coffee Company on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment