Sunday 23 September 2012

Caplansky's Deli

I love smoked meat sandwiches. So what better place to grab one than Caplansky's Delicatessen? Caplansky's, located at College and Brunswick Ave, is a well known deli that serves up excellent smoked meat. Owner Zane Caplansky has recently been featured on TV's Dragon Den to promote his Caplansky's food truck idea. Food truck or sit in restaurant, Caplansky's does their food right. Heres what I had on my last visit. 
Matzo Ball soup. I loved the flavour of the Matzo ball. The broth was soothing and the celery added a nice crunch for texture.
Deep Fried Pickles. I am a sucker for deep fried pickles. If they are on a menu, I usually can't help but order them. These were tasty. The batter was thick and crispy. The ranch dipping sauce was a perfect pair.
Latkes with apple sauce. The apple sauce added the right balance that these Latkes needed. They were good, but I found them a little too peppery.
Caplansky's famous smoked meat sandwich. This is what this restaurant is known for. I loved it. 
The meat was tender and full of flavour, the bread was perfect. I added a little mustard to mine, which completed the sandwich. mmmmmmm...

If you want smoked meat, go to Caplansky's. You won't be disappointed!

http://caplanskys.com/

Happy Eating!
Caplansky's Delicatessen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment