Saturday 29 December 2012

Holiday Eats :)

I have been a complete glutton this holiday season. Being home around my Italian family = food overload! Here's a little glimpse into what I have been eating over the holidays. 
Homemade gnocchi in tomato sauce
Salad with oil and vinegar
Baccala (salted cod fish) 
Seafood risotto
Homemade pickled vegetables. These are my favourite!
Baccala and Polenta with a salami vinegar sauce.
Seafood Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce
Seafood extravaganza!! (grilled octopus, breaded shrimp, salmon, mixed seafood salad, green salad, baccala)
Christmas day feast. (Stuffed mushrooms, pork kebabs, stuffed veal, quail, rapini, green salad)
Lamb chops with garlic mashed potato and asparagus. (Every time my mom cooks dinner, her food is always presented and tastes like a 4 star restaurant)
Surf and Turf. 
Me....about to explode from all this delicious food!!

I have been spoiled this holiday season with incredible food. I am lucky to come from a family that really knows what they are doing in the kitchen. Nothing beats home cookin'.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment