Sunday 11 March 2012

Grappa Restaurant


Commonly known for the revamping of their restaurant on Food Networks Restaurant Makeover, Grappa is an Italian restaurant located in the heart of Little Italy. I came for dinner during Winterlicious and was excited to try their three-course Italian meal.
I started with an appetizer (which sounded great on the menu) of Pomodori. It was tomatoes with goat cheese and sundried tomatoes. Although it sounded tasty, this appetizer fell short for me.  It was not quite what I as expecting and the flavor was lacking.


However, I followed this up with veal scaloppini for my main, and was very impressed. The meat was flavorful and moist and the side of potatoes and vegetables were spot on!  My friends who joined me tried the steak as a main, and it too was full of flavor. Mains = a success!

Dessert stole the show by a long shot.  The crème Brule was extremely creamy and rich with a perfectly torched sugar topping. It was the perfect end to our meals!


Overall, it was a very decent meal.  Good Italian food. Check it out.

Happy Eating!

http://www.grapparestaurant.ca/
Grappa Ristorante on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment