Tuesday 27 March 2012

Nirvana...I never thought I'd get there


The other night I came to Nirvana Restaurant for some cheap eats. This restaurant (located at College and Bathurst) is great for cheap food, good drinks and cool atmosphere. It was sangria Sunday when we went ($13.95 pitchers of sangria...this is quite the steal). We ordered white wine sangria and enjoyed every sip!
In terms of food, everything on Nirvana’s menu is under 10 bucks. They definitely serve generous portions for the price they are charging. I ordered the Pad Thai. It was good. Not the best Pad Thai I’ve had, but for 8 bucks it was pretty darn good.
My friends ordered salads and fried tofu. I loved the sauce for the tofu; it was perfectly spicy without being too overbearing.

The service at Nirvanas was pretty disappointing. Our waitress was very inattentive and had to come back a couple times to re ask us what we ordered.

Aside from the not so great service, we all enjoyed the drink and eats here. Nirvana is definitely a laid back kinda place. It always has good tunes playing and is grungy and relaxing. 

I would recommend coming here if you don’t want to spend too much moola on a dinner out, and are looking to get a buzz for a bargain!


Happy Eating!
Nirvana on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment